Write-up of research and development interests/focus, past and present goals: RESEARCH INTERESTS The research interests are interdisciplinary including areas in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Nanotechnology and Electrochemistry. The final aim of all my research projects is to enable low cost detection and develop completely new Nano/Bio/chip interfaces and prototype systems for highly sensitive and selective sensors for onsite applications. The ongoing activities are primary focused on:
Point of care testing of cardiac biomarkers peptides using synthetic and artificial receptors (aptamers) and nanostructured electrochemical based biochips.
Purification and characterization of surface biomarkers of water borne pathogens and receptor molecule generation and performing new kinds of optical and electrochemical immunoassays for Salmonella typhimurium.
Hapten synthesds, antibody generation and biointerface development for low cost microfluidic based channels.
Significant recognition: Awards, fellowships, international funding of distinction, technologies transferred/licensed etc.:
• Visited EPFL, Lausanne Switzerland on IEEE grant for Summer School in July 2016
• DST Young Scientist grant, 2013-2016
• Associate Editor of BioNanoScience (Springer) Acted as Guest Editor for two Issues.
• Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at Concordia University, photosynthesis research group, Montreal, Canada, 2008-2009
•“Concordia Deans Award” of $ 5000 in best postdocs competition by Faculty of Arts and Science, Concordia University, Canada in 2008.
• Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at Bologna University, Italy Nanotechnology Laboratory, 2006-2007
• CSIR-NET for JRF: 2001, ICMR-NET for JRF 2001; GATE:2001
Present group members:
Vijayender Bhalla, Principal Investigator
Virender Kumar, PhD student
Megha, PhD student
Bharti, Research Intern
Ritika Gupta, Project Asst.