- Eureka with G P S Raghava : Under Eureka programme Raghava's interview was telecast on Rajya Sabha TV on 20th & 21st June 2015 (A programme that brings life-time story and outstanding scientific contribution of a scientist).
- Highly Cited Researchers 2014 (Top 1% researchers): G P S Raghava has been listed in
The World's Most Influential Scientific Minds by Thompson Reuters (News: Times of India , PU News).
- Young Leader Award in Science & Technology, Lakshmipat Singhania - IIM Lucknow National Leadership awards 2011 (News: Biospectrum Award , Bioinformatician).
- Raghava name listed in Great Indian Scientists (Tell Me Why #81, published by MANORAMA, 2013).
- One paper listed in top 70 highly cited papers (ranked 18) published by CSIR scientists in last 70 years .
- Prestigious JC Bose National Fellowship 2010.
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Awards 2008 in Biological Sciences.
- NASI-Reliance Industries Platinum Jubilee Awards, 2009 in Biological Sciences.
- Ranked 18 in highly cited papers published by CSIR scientists in last 70 years (1942-2012)
- Thomson Reuters Research Excellence - India Research Front Awards 2009.
- National Bioscience Award of year 2005-6 for career development by Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India) New Delhi.
- Fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences, Banglore for his excellent contribution in the field of Bioinformatics
- Fellow of National Academy of Sciences by "The National Academy of Sciences, India" for his excellent contribution in the field of Bioinformatics.
- Ranked 30th among worldwide bioinformatics heads and 1st in indian bioinformatics heads.
- Listed as a hot 100 authors by BioMed Central for his contributions.
- Raghava has H-index 41 with more than 5300 citations in Jan 2014 as per google scholar .
- Associate Editor of BMC Research Notes
- Associate Editor of BMC Bioinformatics
- Academic Editor of Plos One
- Member of editorial board of number of journals.
- Research fellowship (1984-86) was awarded by IIT Delhi, after qualifying national test GATE.
- BBSRC fellowship, funded by UK for postdoctoral studies at Oxford University, UK from 1996 to 1998.
- Invited by University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), Little Rock, USA to establish Bioinformatics (http://bioinformatics.uams.edu/)
- Visiting Professorship for six months (March 2004 to August 2004) to initiate
Bioinformatics activities at Pohang University of Science and Technolgy
- Methods developed at group successfully participate and ranked in top methods in the world in
international competitions like CASP, CAFASP and EVA.
- Raghava was a key figure in the development of BioSuite
which is a bioinformatics software developed by TCS with experts in
bioinformatics under NMITLI programmee. This package has been launched by
Honable President of India Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, on 14th July 2004 (News: The Hindu).
- In collaboration with private company Biomantra a software package VaxiPred: Computer aided vaccine design, was developed. This package has been launched by Director General, CSIR Dr R
A Mashlekar on 15th of December 2004 (News: The Telegraph .
Interview on Rajya Sabha TV
Certificate from Thomson Reuters
Receiving Young Leader Award from President of India, Pranab Mukherjee
Receiving S. S. Bhatnagar Award from Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh
Receiving National Bioscience Award from Science and Technology minister Shri Kapil Sibal
Thomson reuters Indian research awards 2009
VaxiPred software launch for public by DG, CSIR