Bacterial systematics of phototrophs and chemotrophs, Antimicrobial screening, Functional metagenomics and Bacterial genomics.
- Isolation and screening of Yak milk bacterial isolates for their antimicrobial activity and purification & characterization of antimicrobial compound(s) - (In-house project)
- Study of Archaeal diversity from saline habitats and screening for industrially important strains using genomics approach - (SERB)
- Developing glycoconjugates capped multifunctional gold nanorod based nanobiosensor for detection of multiple food borne bacteria - (DBT) - a collaborative project between IMTECH and NABI
- Described several novel taxa of marine bacteria
- Constructed ProCarDB: a database of bacterial carotenoids.
- Described a novel genus and a novel species of anoxygenic phototrophic bacteria
- Antimicrobial compounds were purified and characterized from bacterial isolates of Yak Milk.
- Five novel diooxygenase enzymes (obtained by functional metagenomics) successfully exploited for biodegradation of aromatic compounds.
- Isolated and characterized a restriction endonuclease from thermophilic bacteria
- Isolated and characterized several polyhydroxy alkanoates from marine bacteria.
- Nupur, L., Vats, A., Dhanda, S. K., Raghava, G. P., Pinnaka, A. K., and Kumar, A. (2016) ProCarDB: a database of bacterial carotenoids. BMC microbiology 16, 96.
- Singh, A., Vaidya, B., Khatri, I., Srinivas, T., Subramanian, S., Korpole, S., and Pinnaka, A. K. (2014) Grimontia indica AK16 T, sp. nov., Isolated from a Seawater Sample Reports the Presence of Pathogenic Genes Similar to Vibrio Genus. PloS one 9, e85590.
- Srinivas, T., Aditya, S., Bhumika, V., and Kumar, P. A. (2014) Lunatimonas lonarensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a haloalkaline bacterium of the family Cyclobacteriaceae with nitrate reducing activity. Systematic and applied microbiology 37, 10-16.
- Tanuku, N. R. S., Shinichi, T., and Pinnaka, A. K. (2015) Phaeobacterium nitratireducens gen. nov., sp. nov., a phototrophic gammaproteobacterium isolated from a mangrove forest sediment sample. International journal of systematic and evolutionary microbiology 65, 2357-2364.
- Vaidya, B., Kumar, R., Sharma, G., Srinivas, T. N. R., and Kumar, P. A. (2015) Xanthomarina gelatinilytica gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from seawater. International journal of systematic and evolutionary microbiology 65, 3926-3932.