Molecular Biology; RNA modification; Ocular disease and Gene Therapy; Microbial Physiology; Microbiome; Yeast model system.
After 3 years of post-doctoral training in two different fields (Ribosomology in the lab of Late Prof James (Jim) Ofengand and Ocular Gene therapy with Dr. Richard L. Hurwitz), I have started working in the field of microbial genetics and microbial physiology in CSIR- IMTECH. The current focus of my lab moves around the microbial world. Like us, microbes talk, decide and coordinate functions which are required for their sustenance in diverse environments. Currently, we are working with Vibrio cholerae, Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Escherichia coli as model organisms. The major areas are i) Quorum sensing: Microbial chatter; ii) Budding yeast model system to study virulence factors; iii) Metabolic fitness and its outcome on bacterial community. .
- Raychaudhuri, S., Conrad, J., Hall, B. G., and Ofengand, J (1998). A pseudouridine synthase required for the formation of two universally conserved pseudouridines in ribosomal RNA is essential for normal growth of Escherichia coli. RNA. 4, 1407-17
- Raychaudhuri, S., Mallam, N. J., Chévez-Barrios, P., Wadhwa, L., Ng, P., Hurwitz, M.Y., and Hurwitz, R. L (2007). Modulation of Adenoviral Transduction in vitro and in vivo by Hyaluronan and its receptor CD44. Mol Therapy. 15 566-70.
- Raychaudhuri, S., Jain, V., and Dongre, M (2006). Identification of a constitutively active variant of LuxO that affects production of HA/protease and biofilm development in a non-O1, non- O139 Vibrio cholerae O110. Gene. 369, 126-33.
- Khatri, N., Khatri, I., Subramanian, S., and Raychaudhuri S. Ethanolamine utilization in Vibrio alginolyticus (2012). Biol Direct. 7, 1-7.
- Dongre, M., Singh, N. S., Dureja, C., Pedda, N., Solanki, A. K., Ashish., and Raychaudhuri. S (2011). Evidence on how a conserved glycine in the hinge region of HapR regulates its DNA binding ability: lessons from a natural variant. J. Biol. Chem. 286, 15043-9.
- Sengupta, C., Ekka, M., Arora, S., Dhaware, P. D., Chowdhury, R., and Raychaudhuri, S. (2017). Cross feeding of glucose metabolism byproducts of Escherichia coli human gut isolates and probiotic strains affect survival of Vibrio cholerae. Gut Pathog. 9, 1-4.
- Bankapalli,L.,K., Mishra, R. C., and Raychaudhuri, S. (2017). VopE, a Vibrio cholerae Type III Effector, Attenuates the Activation of CWI-MAPK Pathway in Yeast Model System. Front. Cell. Infect. Microbiol. 20, 1-17.