Established in 1984, the Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH) is one among the chain of 37 national laboratories, 6 units and 39 outreach centres of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research. Set-up to be a fore-runner in the niche domain of microbial biotechnology, the Institute in its initial years functioned from a start-up laboratory that provided a truly world-class R&D ambience in an area of over 10,000 sq. ft. to its researchers.
The Institute's primary asset is a team of more than 55 highly motivated scientists, with a majority of them having several years of training in world renowned laboratories. Supported by more than 300 well trained technical staff and graduate students, these scientists have built strong peer credibility both in basic and application-oriented broad thematic areas of Molecular biology and microbial genetics, Cell biology and immunology, Protein science and engineering, and Fermentation technology and applied microbiology. These overarching focus areas required enabling research facilities, structures and practices which IMTECH has created over the years, recognized nationally to be the best, and globally at par with the best. IMTECH's team of scientists having cutting edge R&D expertise in the areas of: Cloning & expression of recombinant / engineered proteins & their scale-up, Understanding / manipulating proteins and their engineering, Protein structure determination through X-ray crystallography, Molecular microbiology of pathogens especially with respect to drug resistance & vaccine development, Immunology of infectious diseases, Yeast Genetics, Screening of microorganisms for novel enzymatic activities and strain improvement, Bioinformatics & high end computational biology, Microbial taxonomy and metagenomics, and allied areas like technology and business management and intellectual property protection.
- Introduction to Microbiological Techniques
- Certificate course on Microbial Diversity and Taxonomy
- Advanced Course in Microbiology Systematic and Preservation
- Certificate Course on Basic Bio-methodology for Laboratory Animals
- Certificate Course on Basic Molecular biology and protein science
- Refresher course on computational biology and bioinformatics
- Foundation course on Bio & Chem Informatics
- Certificate Course on Bioinformatics
- Certificate course on Big Data Analytics and Predictive Analysis
- Certificate Course on Fermentation technology
- Protein Therapeutics and Antibodies: Process development Characterization
Training for whom :
These courses will be useful for the graduates aspiring to work in Pharma, biotech and food industries, fermentation industries or for the person who are already employed in the industries to sharpen their skills.
Course Structure: The courses will comprise of lectures and hands-on sessions.
Management and Faculty: CSIR-IMTECH has unmatched expertise in microbiology, bioinformatics, protein science, molecular biology, infectious diseases, fermentation science and downstream prosessing with state-of-art facilities and abundant source of trained manpower. Facilities for this course are highly experienced and well trained in this area.
Selection Procedure: The selection of the candidates will be done by an expert panel.
Sponsorship: Industries are welcome to sponsor candidates of their interest.
Salient Features of the training:
- 30% Theory and 70% practical sessions as per the course curriculum
- Tutorials based on specific needs of the candidates.
- Interactive sessions.
- Focus on current needs of fermentation industry.
Evaluation of trainees: Evaluation will consist of the following components:
- Continuous assessment through assignments (60%)
- Term end examination (40%)
- Guided Tutorials (40%)
- Unguided Assignments (60%)
Benefits of the course: The training provided by CSIR-IMTECH to the candidates will impart and enhance the unique skills that are critical for the candidate and well as industry/academia. The programme may also help creating new start-ups and contributing to the national economy.
For further information, please contact:
CSIR- Institute of Microbial Technology